General Terms of Sale
From September 9, 2009, these terms and conditions will govern all online sales of paintings and other works available on www.e-bousquet.com to private or business customers.
These terms and conditions specify the rights and obligations of Eliora Bousquet (hereinafter called "the Artist" or "the Seller") and those of her Clients (hereinafter also called ‘"Buyers"). They govern the entire sales process between the Artist and the Client from the initiation of an order to its delivery.
Customers should therefore note that by placing an order, they acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions in full.
These terms and conditions are subject to alteration from time to time. Therefore, for the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions applicable to any given order are those published and available on the website www.e-bousquet.com at the time when the order is placed. It is recommended that the Client saves a copy of the terms of conditions of sale when placing an order (see section 11).
By placing an order, the clients acknowledge and declare that:
they are authorised and able to agree to these terms and conditions of sale and proceed with their order i.e that they:
- are 18 years of age or over;
- are not mentally impaired and have the full capacity to proceed with the transaction;
- have the ability to pay and are not insolvent;
- are acting for themselves and not for a third party (and that invoices and authenticity certificates should therefore be issued in their name);
- products purchased on www.e-bousquet.com are not for re-sale, unless a separate contract has been agreed between the Client (such as a gallery owner) and the Artist.
Finally, the general Legal Terms governing this website also apply in full to these Terms and Conditions of Sale. Clients are therefore requested to read them prior to placing an order. By placing an order, Clients acknowledge that they have read and understood and agree to those Legal Terms.
All products available for sale from the website www.e-bousquet.com are original creations by E. BOUSQUET (Eliora BOUSQUET).
Each piece :
- has a unique reference number, allocated by the Artist;
- bears the Artist's initials on the front, generally in the bottom right-hand corner;
- bears the artwork's title and is signed and dated by the Artist in permanent ink on the back;
- bears the Artist's name, two-colour logo and a unique authentication number on the back.
These precautions have been put in place to minimise any risks of falsification or unauthorised reproduction of the Artist's work, given their online availability.
In addition, as each and every painting is a unique piece:
- Only one "copy" of each painting can be sold (there is no additional stock, and therefore no exchange is possible) (*). Please also note that although the www.e-bousquet.com site is updated daily, there is a small possibility that from time to time a painting advertised as available for sale on this site cannot be purchased for one of various reasons, including but not limited to : technical problems, prior sale of the item on another selected internet site, prior or simultaneous sale in an exhibition gallery. Clients may contact the Artist for further explanations. In the unlikely event that a piece should become unavailable once purchased online, the Artist will refund the Client in full as quickly as possible;
- Eliora Bousquet's artworks cannot be reproduced but by herself. The Artist does not offer any reproductions of her works (*), and in compliance with copyright law, it is strictly forbidden to copy all or part of these works, even after purchase. Any violation of this clause will be liable to prosecution;
Note that the photographs of the Artist's work as published on her website are not exact reproductions and can appear slightly different from the original, due to technical parameters such as the type and quality of the Client's computer screen or its settings, and the quality of lighting at the time when the photographs were taken. Nevertheless none of the photographs are edited, and any variations from the original are minimal. In addition, for obvious reasons, the originals will have a "depth" which cannot be replicated with photography.
(*) with the exception of some of the Artist's digital work, which she reserves the right to reproduce as a limited print series. In such cases the number of prints issued will be specified by the Artist and written on the back of each print, and on the corresponding invoice and authentication certificate.
Purchases over € 1,000
Should the Client chose a payment method other than PAYPAL, the Artist reserves the right to request proof of ID & address from the Client, prior to dispatching their order, so as to protect herself and her clients against fraud. In the absence of such identification, the Artist reserves the right to cancel the order.
Any fraudulent transaction, or attempt at a fraudulent transaction, irrespective of the sales price, will be subject to prosecution.